Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rain, Rain


Oregon does have its share of rain, especially during the winter months. Fortunately, I've always liked rain! Our first winter hear was the worst winter in 40 years, so it wasn't an accurate representation of what we can expect! This winter has been much more normal. It's been great! The temperature rarely dips below freezing.

The rains are often gentle. When I'm out, I realize this must be what it's like to be a vegetable in the grocery produce section. When those sprinklers come on, it feels great! It makes me (and the other carrots!) feel alive. All the rain here keeps everything so green and beautiful! It's wonderful. Those days when the clouds lift and the sun breaks through are wonderful too. I love it when I catch a glimpse of the beautiful snowcapped peaks in our area! The summer sunshine is so gorgeous that it makes up for all the winter clouds.

We were at the beach last week for a pastors and spouses retreat. I never get tired of looking at the ocean! Wow. Tim and I talked about what words best describe the ocean. We came up with words like vast, powerful, amazing, etc.

I marvel at the beauty God has blessed us with.

No comments: